N-Series Servo Motors
ORMEC's N-series AC brushless servo motors provide high torque-to-inertia ratios and excellent continuous torque and peak torque performance. With a compact design, these industrial- quality servo motors incorporate high performance permanent magnets and a highly efficient stator winding design. This provides excellent power density.
The N-series servo motors eliminate brush wear maintenance problems and feature extremely durable construction. They include heavy duty bearings. Rugged MS connectors provide reliable interconnections to motors and optical encoders including an option battery backed absolute encoders
- Continuous Stall Torques - 2.8 to 1,240 lb-in (.3 to 140 N-m)
- High Peak Torques - 85 to 2,124 lb-in (10 to 240 N-m)
- Output Power - 100 to 22,000 watts (.1 to 30 HP)
- High Maximum Speeds - 2,000 to 6,000 RPM
- Incremental and Absolute Encoders - resolutions up to one million counts per revolution
- Class F Insulation - providing long winding life under rated operating conditions
- Minimum Torque Ripple & Cogging - smooth low-speed performance
- Totally Enclosed Non-Ventilated (TENV) - standard IP-67 rating except shaft opening, optional shaft oil seal is available.
- Optional Fail-Safe holding brakes.
The N-series servo motors eliminate brush wear maintenance problems, and feature extremely durable construction, which includes heavy duty bearings. Rugged MS connectors provide reliable interconnections.
The performance of these servo motors is a direct function of the factory-matched servo motor/drive combination. ORMEC’s ServoWire® drives provide software controlled all-digital performance for consistent operation that totally eliminates analog potentiometer adjustments. High bandwidth operation and a quality high resolution encoder provide the response and accuracy for demanding applications. Peak torques, up to three times the rated torque, are available for a few seconds, allowing the motor/drive to handle high inertial loads and heavy duty cycle requirements. Each drive’s motor parameters are configured in software for high performance and RMS current limiting.